Anyhow, this evening I had 30 mins to spare, so I did a very unscientific investigation to see which faction that had entered the most troll comments into the other factions wikipedia page. So I went through all the latest 200 changes for each page. Thanks for Firefox excellent tab support, I could do it quite quickly with Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+W. What I found was this:
The Java wikipedia page had been troll edited 12 times. Some examples of the changes:
- "Java Database Connectivity" was changed into "help me groe Connectivity"
- "IAN Hitchcox is a BIG qeer" - Whatever that means...
- Changing the name of James Gosling into "Giant Lava" or "Michael Adolf Gow"... Giant Java would be more appropiate, but that Adolf guy is unknown to me.
- "The entire java language centers around a single concept, IF Loops." - Hmm, I think I have used a switch statement once in java.
- "Influenced by = ....C sharp C#" - Well, that is not really true is it?
- "Mr. Youngpradit - A acclamed computer science teacher teaching Java to high school students he also heads the extreme sports club and botball" - A computer science teacher that do extreme sports, that is a little far fetched.
- Some made an incorrect note that Java's performance is really bad
- And someone replaced all content on the page with "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
The C# wikipedia page has been troll edited 4 times. Some examples:
- "A good example of this is the "Chad Rocks" program." - Seems like that Chad managed to write a good program with C#
- Self advertising as ''This article is being presented by Rakesh.S, Bangalore'', with email adress and all. Thanks, I probably won't contact this troll.
- "C# is intended to be a '''simple, modern, general-purpose''', object-oriented programming language that does not work." - I don't think that was copied from the MS requirement spec?
- "The language is very facist and Fleury can't program it for shit!" - Apparently someone was tired of both Fleury and C#.
So what does this mean? I have no clue, but it seems that the C# Trolls won this round as they did manage to get in twice the number of troll edits into the Java page.
Java Trolls - C# Trolls
0 - 1
0 - 1
Yes, I was bored and no Im not serious, but the investigation was...